Note: This information may be downloaded and or printed below.
PLEASE NOTE: OUR RESIDENTIAL HOUSING PROGRAM IS FAITH BASED
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO ENSURE THAT THE FORM(S) SUBMITTED IS THE PROPER ONE. OUTDATED FORMS MAY NOT BE ACCEPTED.
PROCEDURES FOR ENTRY TO OUR FAITH BASED
RESIDENTIAL HOUSING PROGRAM
For consideration into program:
Forgiven Ministries is a Christian ministry open to all who can subscribe to the following STATEMENT OF FAITH:
· We believe in one God, Creator and Lord of the Universe, the co-eternal Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
· We believe that Jesus Christ, God’s Son, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died a substitutionary atoning death on the cross, rose bodily from the dead and ascended to heaven where, as truly God and truly man, He is the only mediator between God and man.
· We believe that the Bible is God’s authoritative and inspired Word. It is without error in all its teachings, including creation, history, its own origins, and salvation. Christians must submit to its divine authority, both individually and corporately, in all matters of belief and conduct, which is demonstrated by true righteous living.
· We believe that all people are lost sinners and cannot see the Kingdom of God except through the new birth. Justification is by grace through faith in Christ alone.
· We believe in one holy, universal, and apostolic church. Its calling is to worship God and witness concerning its Head, Jesus Christ, preaching the Gospel among all nations and demonstrating its commitment by compassionate service to the needs of human beings and promoting righteousness and justice.
· We believe in the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit for the individual’s new birth and growth to maturity, and for the Church’s constant renewal in truth, wisdom, faith, holiness, love, power, and mission.
· We believe that Jesus Christ will personally and visibly return in glory to raise the dead and bring salvation and judgment to completion. God will fully manifest His Kingdom when He establishes a new heaven and new earth, in which He will be glorified forever and exclude all evil, suffering, and death.
- Because of God’s redeeming power through Jesus Christ, we believe there is potential and power available for individuals to change. We believe that those who have been incarcerated possess unique gifts and talents that have gone untapped, and given the right opportunity, can achieve God’s destiny for their life.
Please print this form and sign at the bottom stating you have read, understand, and agree to adhere to our procedure.
Please note the following procedures/steps need to be completed: (These procedures can be facilitated quicker if DOC/PBPP Staff at applicant’s facility downloads and prints the form(s) needed.)
1. ALL APPLICANTS must complete the following forms: (MANDATORY)
1. Rental Application: [Revised March 2021] Please Note: Previous editions of this form will not be accepted.
2. Release of Information Form: (Used by Forgiven Ministries, Inc., to speak to DOC PBPP or CCC Staff); [Revised March 2021] Please Note: Previous editions of this form will not be accepted.
3. Chaplain's Letter: [Revised May 2021] Please Note: Previous editions of this form will not be accepted.
4. PBPP-1 (Home Plan Form), completed without a residence address. This form will be returned to the applicant with approving signature and a residence address once an opening becomes available.
5. Print & Sign at the bottom of PROCEDURES FOR ENTRY TO OUR FAITH BASED RESIDENTIAL HOUSING PROGRAM stating you have read, understand and agree to adhere to this procedure. [Revised May 2021] Please Note: Previous editions of this form will not be accepted.
2. After Forgiven Ministries, Inc., receives these forms:
1. The application and relevant information received will be reviewed by Forgiven Ministries, Inc., Board of Directors.
2. If the applicant is approved by Forgiven Ministries, Inc., a welcome/approval letter will be sent to the applicant.
3. Applicant will be advised in this correspondence to send a $375.00 security deposit. This deposit will be used to “hold or secure” a room for the applicant. This deposit IS refunded in full to the “issuing party” if Home Plan is denied by Parole Supervision Staff. (Note: Forgiven Ministries, Inc., will not be responsible for ANY funds deducted by other agencies such as the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections or a Community Corrections Center, in the return of funds to “the issuing party” to satisfy court ordered fines and restitution).
4. Upon receipt of this security deposit the applicant’s name will be placed on a waiting list for one (1) or more of the properties used by Forgiven Ministries, Inc. (Note: This is on a first come – first serve basis). Applicant’s complete and signed home plan form will be returned to the institution where applicant resides.
5. Once the completed home plan is returned to the applicant’s residing institution, the applicant is then responsible for contacting their institutional parole department regarding the completed & signed home plan form. Forgiven Ministries, Inc., has no control over this process nor any delays by PBPP or DOC Staff in their processing of applicant’s home plan.
6. Forgiven Ministries, Inc will meet with parole supervision staff to help facilitate the home plan investigation process.
7. Once this process is completed and the applicant is approved for release, it is the applicant’s responsibility to inform Forgiven Ministries, Inc. that he/she has been approved and the date of their scheduled release. Upon applicant’s release, applicant is then responsible for their first month’s rent. Forgiven Ministries, Inc. will make every attempt to assist applicant with transportation from the Erie bus station to the approved residence, if needed. Applicant is responsible for fulfilling all necessary requirements of the DOC & PBPP for their release.
8. Applicant needs to understand that there are certain requirements associated with our Faith Based Residential Housing Program to include:
- Mandatory Church attendance
- Mandatory Bible Studies and other related activities
9. If, during this release process, the applicant has a misconduct, is returned from the center to an SCI, or tries to circumvent this established procedure, applicant’s security deposit will be returned, and home plan support will be withdrawn. Applicant’s institutional parole department and Erie field office for PBPP will be notified accordingly.
10. lf an applicant is denied entry to our programs and/or faith based residential housing program(s), the applicant may re-submit their application after a waiting period of 6 months (180 days).
I, _____________________________________ ,being an applicant for entry into Forgiven Ministries, Inc's faith based residential housing program, do hereby state that I have read, understand, and agree to adhere to all policies and procedures for entry into this program to includes mandatory attendance for religious activities as stated above.